Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Please list your past and present memberships on boards, committees and organizations: (business, civic, community, fraternal, political, professional, recreational, religious and social).
Cape May County’s Homeless Trust Fund Advisory Board must include the following:
• representatives from each of the three municipalities in the county with the largest populations of homeless people
• representatives from the organization responsible for developing, implementing, or both, the local plan to end homelessness
• at least three homeless or formerly homeless persons
• three representatives of local private or nonprofit organizations with experience in assisting the homeless or providing low-income housing.
Board members have an obligation to avoid actual, potential or perceived conflicts of interest. The avoidance of conflicts of interest is to insure public trust in the Homeless Trust Fund. The public has the right to expect that everyone involved will use his or her best judgment, not impacted by personal interests.
A conflict of interest occurs when a member is in a position to influence a decision that may result in personal gain for that member, for an immediate family member, for a business partner, or for an organization in which the Board member, an immediate family member or a business partner is a member of the formal operating board or engaged in the issuing of policy or procurement of contracts of an organization that applies for funding to the Homeless Trust Fund. To avoid this conflict, or the appearance thereof, Board members who have a conflict as set forth herein, shall abstain from any communication with a Board member or member of an Allocation Committee regarding the allocation of funds. This shall include using direct or indirect influence to obtain funding or the unauthorized use of information for the purposes of obtaining funding.
The purpose of this policy is to provide general direction so that members can seek further clarification on potential conflicts.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field