One Stop Career Center
Who We AreThe Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA) is a federal act that “provides workforce development employment & training activities, through statewide and local workforce development systems, that increase the employment, retention, and earnings of customers, and increase occupational skill attainment by customers, and, as a result, improve the quality of the workforce, reduce welfare dependency, and enhance the productivity and competitiveness of the Nation.”
The most important aspect of the Act is its focus on meeting the needs of business for skilled workers and the training, education, and employment needs of individuals. Key components of the Act will enable customers to easily access the information and services they need through the “One-Stop” system; empower adults to obtain the training they find most appropriate through Individual Training Accounts, and ensure that all State and local programs meet customer expectations.
A Customer-Focused System
“One-Stop” Approach • The new system will be based on the “One-Stop” concept where information about and access to a wide array of job training, education, and employment services is available for customers at a single neighborhood location. Customers will be able to easily service needs.
• Obtain information on a full array of employment-related services, including information about local education and training service providers.
• Receive help filing claims for unemployment insurance and evaluating eligibility for job training and education programs or student financial aid.
• Obtain job search and placement assistance, and receive career counseling.
• Have access to up-to-date labor market information which identifies job vacancies, skills necessary for in-demand jobs, and provides information about local, regional and national employment trends.
Through the “One-Stop,” employers will have a single point of contact to provide information about current and future skills needed by their workers and to list job openings. They will benefit from a single system for finding job-ready skilled workers who meet their needs.
The Cape May County One-Stop Career Center is located at 3810 New Jersey Ave., Wildwood, NJ (609) 729-2234. The Cape May County One-Stop Career Center provides the opportunity for anyone looking for a career to learn their options and find a path to their goal. They can provide you with the information you need to get going on your job today.
Cape May Counties One-Stop Career Center provides a multitude of services such as:
• Job search assistance
• Training and education assistance
• Specialized services
• On-site resource rooms (PCs, telephones, etc.)
• Employee Recruitment Shared service area “By Appointment only”
• Jersey Job Club with workshops (Resume Assistance, Interviewing skills, etc.)
• On-the-Job training
Address: 3810 New Jersey Ave., Wildwood, NJ 08260
Phone: (609) 729-2234
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Closed on holidays.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call (609) 729-2234.