Fire Ground Size Up for the Engine, Truck and Chief:
This seminar is a MUST for every current or future fire officer! Fire Ground Size-Up, or the lack of it, is a
consistent series of factors that leads to the success or failure of an emergency incident.
Based on the new text, Fire Ground Size-Up – 2nd. Edition, this program is a full-day seminar designed to enhance your anticipative skills.
Course Competencies: In a manner deemed appropriate by the instructor, students will be able to:
* Recognize the Pre-incident Information Need. (PIN)
* Utilize alarm transmission information and on-scene reports to recognize as well as
identify the challenges.
* Understand and identify building construction, occupancy, and height cues and their influence on your decision making.
* Assess structural involvement.
* Further recognize how the location of the fire influences tactics.
* Assess the Occupant life hazard and your decision to search, rescue and remove.
* Identify the responsibilities of the Engine and Ladder Company and identify how to overcome scene challenges.
* Utilize a simple approach to scene management and accountability.
* Utilize IMS with “the radio” to enhance scene management and accountability.
* Recognize how time plays a critical role in your decision making.
Student handout: Student handouts provided.
DATE: April 22, 2023 8:30AM-4:30PM
Out of County fee: $50