MBOS Pension Loan Information
Pension Account Access
MBOS is a set of internet applications that allow registered members access to pension account information.
- If you are already a registered MBOS user, you currently have access to the online loan application through your MBOS account.
- If you are new to MBOS you can access MBOS after you register with both the MyNewJersey website and MBOS. Registration is free at the New Jersey Department of Treasury Division of Pensions and Benefits.
- MBOS provides you with the fastest, most efficient method for requesting a pension loan. In most cases, a loan application submitted through MBOS before the close of business at 4:30 p.m. on a Friday is processed and mailed on the following Wednesday.
- With MBOS you receive immediate confirmation on screen and by follow-up email that your loan application has been processed.
Changes to the Process
The Division of Pensions and Benefits is implementing a significant change to the pension loan application process. Effective November 1, 2008, all pension loan requests must be submitted online using the Loan Application program of the Member Benefits Online System (MBOS). This requirement applies to all who wish to borrow against their pension account and are eligible members of the:
- Police and Firemen’s Retirement System (PFRS)
- Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS)
- State Police Retirement System (SPRS)
- Teachers Pension and Annuity Fund (TPAF)
- Loan application forms will no longer be available as printed forms or on the division’s website.
- Paper loan applications that are received by mail as of November 1, 2008, will be returned to members with instructions on submitting the loan request through MBOS.
- The loan application fax number, which has been phased out of use since the introduction of loans through MBOS, will be completely disabled.