Who Should Not Be Vaccinated?
Some people should not be vaccinated without first consulting a physician. They include:
- Children less than 6 months of age (influenza vaccine is not approved for this age group)
- People who developed Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) within 6 weeks of getting an influenza vaccine
- People who have a moderate or severe illness with a fever should wait to get vaccinated until their symptoms lessen
- People who have a severe allergy to chicken eggs
- Ask your doctor about the new egg-free version of the flu vaccine.
- People who have had a severe allergic reaction to a previous influenza vaccine
If you have questions about whether you should get a flu vaccine, consult your health-care provider.