Cape May County residents are again reminded to remain vigilant in following the CDC health protocols to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus. While the New Jersey designated Southeast Region, of which Cape May County is included, remains to have the lowest cases in the state, it is imperative that we all maintain strict compliance in wearing masks, social distancing and hygiene, including washing hands often, use hand sanitizer and sanitize common surfaces.
Expanded testing is available through the County Health Department in partnership with Cape Regional Hospital and the County/Local Office of Emergency Management. Testing is by appointment only and anyone who believes they need to be tested should call the Health Department at 609-463-6581.
The County of Cape May Department of Health is announcing today that 42 new positive test samples were collected among County residents over the past several days. While Cape May County has recorded 3200 covid-19 cases during the pandemic, 2570 of those are now off quarantine. Additionally, there are 3 new out of county positive cases that are included in the Non-resident Active Cases listed below.
With great sadness today we are announcing the passing of a 66-year old male from Upper Township, a 87-year old male from Dennis Township and a 95-year old female from Ocean City “Please know that my thoughts are with the families and friends at this sorrowful time,” said Freeholder Director Gerald Thornton.
Holidays and Stress
This Holiday Season Do What’s Best for You and Your Loved Ones
Take Care of Yourself
- Being away from family and friends during the holidays can be hard.
- When you talk with your friends and family about plans, it’s okay if you decide to stay home and remain apart from others.
Do What’s Best for Your Household
- Doing what’s best for you includes eating healthy foods and getting enough sleep.
- Take care of your body and stay active to lessen fatigue, anxiety, and sadness.
Spend Time with Those in Your Household
- Hard choices to be apart this year may mean that you can spend many more years with your loved ones.
- Do what is best for your health and the health of your loved ones. This year spend time with those in your own household.