The State of New Jersey has designated October 6th as Knock Out Opiate Abuse Day to help raise awareness of the potential for dependency on prescribed pain medicine and its link to heroin abuse rates in our state.
Please remember to safely secure medicines in the home and to safely dispose of unwanted, unused or expired medicines. The effort to stop the misuse and diversion of prescription drugs begins at home.
All Police Stations in Cape May County have prescription medication drop boxes to safely dispose of medicines.
RESOURCES TO HELP WITH A DRUG OR ALCOHOL PROBLEM
CALL: 1-844-276-2777 NJ Addiction Services Hotline
24 hours a day/7 days a week
Local Treatment Agencies
· Acenda Health: 1-844-422-3632 · Cape Assist: (609) 522-5960
· Families Matter, LLC: (609) 886-8666 · Addiction Recovery Systems: (609) 463-0500
· Nancy Crafts Counseling: (609) 465-7788 · Cooperative Care, Inc.: (609) 741-6363
· Parent to Parent Support: (856) 983-3328 · Alcoholics Anonymous: (609) 641-8855
· Al-Anon: 888-944-5678 · CURE: Christians United for Recovery: (609)-778-2009
Support & assistance may be available through your physician and through a faith-based community