Cape May Court House- New Jersey has 167,703 total COVID-19 positive cases and 12,769 deaths. Total positive cases of COVID-19 infection in Cape May County is now 690 including 60 deaths.
Food and beverage establishments open for outdoor dining must adopt the following protocols and policies:
- Ensure all areas designated for food and/or beverage consumption conform to applicable local, State, and Federal regulations;
- Limit capacity to a number that ensure patrons can remain six feet apart from all other patrons, except for those with whom they are sharing a table;
- Ensure that tables seating individual groups are six feet apart in all directions and that individual seats in any shared area that is not reserved for individual groups, such as an outdoor bar area, are also six feet apart in all directions
- Prohibit patrons from entering the indoor premises of the food or beverage establishment, except to walk through such premises when entering or exiting the food or beverage establishment in order to access the outdoor area, or to use the restroom;
- Individuals are allowed to tour restaurant facilities for event-planning purposes, but must wear face coverings at all times and the facility may not provide food or drink tastings or samplings;
- Require patrons to wear a face covering while inside the indoor premises of the food or beverage establishment, unless the patron has a medical reason for not doing so or is a child under two years of age;
- Prohibit smoking in any outdoor areas designated for the consumption of food and/or beverages; and
Call your healthcare professional if you have concerns about COVID-19 and your underlying health conditions. Stay up to date on the current situation as it evolves. Some reliable sources are New Jersey Poison Information and Education System hotline at 211 or 1-800-962-1253, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at www.cdc.gov, the World Health Organization at www.who.int, the New Jersey Department of Health at COVID19.nj.gov. For additional information visit https://capemaycountynj.gov/ or Cape May County Department of Health at www.cmchealth.net, also like us on Facebook.