Cape May Court House- New Jersey has 170,196 total COVID-19 positive cases and 13,018 deaths. Total positive cases of COVID-19 infection in Cape May County is now 737 including 63 deaths. In addition, recent out of county cases not reported in the following spreadsheets are 3.
We are sadly announcing the passing of a 59-year-old male from Middle Township. “Words cannot even begin to express my sorrow,” said Cape May County Freeholder Director Gerald Thornton. “Please accept my heartfelt condolences on the loss of your loved one.”
Indoor gatherings must be limited to 100 people or 25% of a building’s capacity -- whichever number is lower. All attendees at indoor gatherings must wear face coverings and stay six feet apart.
Outdoor gatherings must be limited to 250 people and social distancing must be practiced. There are no limits for First Amendment-protected outdoor activities, such as political protests of any persuasion or outdoor religious services.
Additional requirements for outdoor gatherings include the following:
- The gathering must take place entirely outdoors except for restroom use;
- Require attendees to be six feet apart at all times, excluding immediate family members, caretakers, household members, or romantic partners;
- Prohibit contact between attendees, and no organized or contact sports;
- If the event is an organized gathering, the organizer should demarcate six feet of spacing in the area of the gathering to demonstrate appropriate spacing for social distancing;
- Limit provided seating to single individuals, spaced six feet apart, and sanitized after each use;
- Prohibit sharing of any physical items provided and require sanitization before and after each use; and
- Require contactless pay options wherever feasible.
Call your healthcare professional if you have concerns about COVID-19 and your underlying health conditions. Stay up to date on the current situation as it evolves. Some reliable sources are New Jersey Poison Information and Education System hotline at 211 or 1-800-962-1253, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at www.cdc.gov, the World Health Organization at www.who.int, the New Jersey Department of Health at COVID19.nj.gov. For additional information visit https://capemaycountynj.gov/ or Cape May County Department of Health at www.cmchealth.net, also like us on Facebook.